MEL (UK) Ltd (MEL) have many years of managing intricate and complex remediation of operational sites across many sectors, development, regeneration, engineering, manufacturing, processing and distribution, to name a few.
We have worked alongside a wide range of Environmental Consultants to help develop robust and achievable remediation schemes on complex and challenging sites, for both Soil and Groundwater.
MEL has some of the most experienced people in the contaminated land industry in the UK and Ireland, and these are supported by experienced staff with robust technical and commercial backgrounds.
We clearly understand the relationship between Client, Consultant and Main Contractor and the importance of a clear, no nonsense, professional approach to meeting the Client’s needs.
The Client has varying needs and the solution to these needs can be altered to suit. Optional structures structure to meet these needs can be:
- Fixed Cost Project :
- MEL will adopt an all risk approach to many sites to ensure transparency on budgets and time tables. This can include full project management of the site to effectively provide a ‘Fit For Purpose’ site, in an agreed time scale and within an agreed cost.
- Capped cost:
- MEL clearly understand the risks associated with large scale remediation projects and we proactively look to manage those risk on behalf of the client, this enables us to work with the client to ‘cap’ costs
- MEL can provide a comprehensive range of Sustainable Remediation options in house and have circa 20 years’ experience in designing and implementing remediation schemes
This meticulous and professional approach means that there are many ways to achieve a successful outcome delivered on time, on budget with minimal fuss
An overview of Services Provided to Environmental Consultants
Services provided as part of our approach:
- Remedial Options Evaluation across a broad range of remedial options or combination of options in order to understand the best practicable approach to remediating all contaminants that present an unacceptable risk on a site
- Detailed Options Appraisal to review of shortlisted remediation options to determine which are the most appropriate for addressing each relevant pollutant linkages by detailed analysis of technical attributes. The evaluation process is completed by taking into account the Best Practicable Environmental Option (BPEO), costs benefit, environmental outcomes and appropriate timescales for remediation
- Regulatory Approvals – We have a proven track record in ensuring that end points for work elements are negotiated effectively and approvals sought in a timely manner to prevent delay in the overall project/client programme
- Implementation of the regulatory approved Remediation Strategy, and long term monitoring and maintenance advice
- Asbestos Surveys and reporting
- Detailed Abnormal Cost Appraisals – We provide robust technical and commercial advice to our clients by helping them understand and manage potential risks and accurately detailing provisions they need to make to maximise their investment and underpin their development return.
- Bulk Earthworks packages can be delivered and Managed for our clients to ensure they realise the significant benefits of completing these work alongside the completion of remediation on a site thus providing a suitable development platform in the most proactive time scale possible.
- Ground Improvement – can be undertaken as part of remediation projects on sites where challenging ground conditions need to be overcome
- Asbestos and Hazardous Materials Removal are completed post survey and to manage risks for sites either as part of controlled decommissioning or decontamination prior to site investigation and remediation of a site
- Demolition Services often form a significant element of regeneration and brownfield remediation projects
- Crushing and Recycling of site derived materials as part of Site Waste Management Plans (SWMPs) allows for sustainable reuse of materials on the site.
- Roads and Sewers Design and Installation completed as part of the bulk earthworks and creation of the development platform following remediation provides significant benefits in time and costs.